Después de Injerto de Hueso
Day 1 (day of surgery):
- Relax today and give yourself a comfortable experience.
- Use guaze if unpleasant bleeding continues as wounds will ooze today.
- Get a milkshake or something cold after leaving office to take with the pain medications and antibiotics (taking medicine on an empty stomach will cause nausea). It’s important to have the pain medicine working fully when the numbness wears off.
- Liquid diet today: batidos, smoothies, ice cream, soup, yogur
- No rinsing, brushing or touching the area with finger or tongue.
- Take 600mg of Ibprofen every 6 horas (even if you think you don’t need it) to stay ahead of the pain. If the pain has increased and your doctor has prescribed a narcotic, you may take it with the Ibprofen.
- It is not uncommon to feel bone particles (sand size) in your mouth.
- Transition to soft food (mashed potatoes, oatmeal, apple sauce, soft pasta, fish)
- Start brushing teeth GENTLY but avoid surgical site.
- Start rinsing mouth with prescribed Peridex mouthwash 3 a 4 times a day.
- Normal Diet
- No chewing on the area of the graft
- Suture and membrane (covering) will come loose or fall out. This is normal and typically falls out before your 1 week follow up appointment.
Después 1 week
- Return for follow up to evaluate how the area of the graft is healing.
- If the membrane and/or suture is still attached, we will remove it the day of your follow up appointment.
Cuando llamar a nuestra oficina
- Pain and swelling increase after day 3
- náuseas o vómitos intensos
- Bad taste pr pus in mouth
- Fiebre o escalofríos
- Rash or adverse side effects from medications
Contacting our office after 4:30pm
- Do no hesitate to reach out to our doctors after hours
- Call 540-536-8000 and have the oral surgeon on call paged and one of our doctors will return your call.