First Visit / Before Surgery
Most of our patients are referred to our office, however we do see some walk-ins. Most of the time your initial appointment will consist of a consultation where one of our providers will review the referral, explain your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Completed Patient Paperwork
- Your surgical referral slip and any X-rays if applicable from referring office
- A list of medications you are currently taking
- If you have medical or dental insurance, please bring a copy of the medical and dental cards with your photo ID. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at every visit.
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility for a charge. Usually, our office needs a panoramic film or Ct scan. There will be a fee to take an x-ray at our office if one is not provided by the referring office.
Prior to Surgery
For General / IV sedation (where you will be asleep):
- DO NOT have food or drink (including water) 6 hours before surgery. If you have pills that need to be taken, you can have a small amount of water to take those.
- Parents or guardians should observe children prior to surgery to make certain there is no consumption of food, fluids, or medication (not already discussed during the consultation)
- Make sure to have a ride home that will wait in the waiting room (now car for COVID-19) during your surgery. Patients never drive home or take public transportation after any form of sedation (except nitrous oxide/laughing gas).
No smoking or alcohol consumption 24 hours prior to surgery.
Notify our office if you develop a cold, sore throat, cough, fever, or any other illness prior to surgery.
Wear loose fitting clothing. Sleeves should be easily rolled up past the elbow. Do not wear elevated heeled shoes.
Please remove nail polish and lipstick.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, bisphosphonates (like fosamax), etc)
Make provisions for a post-operative diet consisting of fluids and pureed food. Cold fluids are recommended immediately after surgery followed by a liquid diet until dinner time.
There are many ways to communicate with our office. Please choose the method most convenient to you.
1010 Amherst Street
Winchester, VA 22601
Phone: Winchester Office Phone Number 540-504-7300
Tuesday: 7:00am – 4:30pm
Wednesday: 7:00am – 4:30pm